WELCOME DOCLANDS FILMMAKERS
Congratulations! We’re thrilled to screen your film at the inaugural DocLands Documentary Film Festival! On this page, you will find information designed to help you navigate the festival process.
You will receive a link to an electronic confirmation form, which must be completed and submitted within 48 HOURS. If you have any questions, please contact Director of Programming Joni Cooper (415.526.5881) or Janis Plotkin, (415.526.5826) who handles local Bay Area films.
- Acceptable formats for exhibition are 35mm and DCP. The filmmaker is responsible for any format transfers, although we are happy to provide various resources and technical support to assist all festival participants create festival-quality prints. Please inquire if you’d like to take advantage of these services.
- Filmmakers are responsible for providing an exhibition quality print. You must error-check your print for sound and image quality before shipping. Please make sure all technical information is correct on the confirmation form and that the print sent for exhibition matches the format listed. We schedule our program based on this information and exhibition formats have a direct impact on screening venues.
- Feature-length entries receiving theatrical release, TV broadcast, DVD release or screening at other San Francisco Bay Area festivals and venues prior to OR within one month following MVFF’s dates will not be eligible for participation in the Festival (exceptions are made under special circumstances.) Please contact our office if you agree to any other screenings in the Bay Area before or directly following DocLands.
- DocLands does not pay rental fees. Instead our resources are invested in the production and promotion of the best possible showcase for your work. Films may subsequently be considered for a theatrical run at our year-round venue, the Christopher B. Smith Rafael Film Center.
- Films may be scheduled up to two times at the Festival.
- Once a film has been confirmed, it may not be withdrawn.
GUIDELINES FOR COMPLETING THE CONFIRMATION FORM
- The information and materials we have requested are essential as they will be used in our schedule and website as well as for promotion and publicity. Please fill out the ENTIRE online confirmation form and confirm that all information is accurate.
- Please indicate any restrictions you may have close to or during the Festival dates. If your film is scheduled at other festivals around the same time as DocLands, we’ll coordinate schedules and shipping.
- BOOKMARK THIS SITE… it will serve as your resource for all things DocLands: Print Traffic, Travel & Hospitality, Marketing, Festival FAQs, DocLands laurels and staff contacts, and other important information. Any updates will be posted here.
Thank you in advance for filling out the confirmation form as thoroughly as possible and returning it within 48 hours. We’re excited to include you in the Festival this year, and we look forward to celebrating your achievement with you during DocLands’ inaugural year!