Call for Entries Opens November 1
Early Deadline: February 1
Late Entry Deadline: February 12
Notification Date: April 16
DocPitch Submission Dates TBA
Festival Dates: May 7-16, 2021
DocLands entries will only be accepted via upload through the FilmFreeway submission platform. No DVDs or external links will be considered.
Programming emphasizes new works in both documentary features and shorts, with accepted works being eligible for an overall Audience Choice award.
- Feature-length entries (40 minutes and over) receiving theatrical release, TV broadcast, or are available for purchase on DVD or online (e.g. iTunes, video on demand, etc.) prior to DocLands’s dates may not be considered.
- Feature-length entries receiving a theatrical or festival screening in the San Francisco Bay Area prior to or within one month following DocLands’s dates will not be considered for the festival. Exceptions may be made under special circumstances. Entries accepted for DocLands will not be eligible for inclusion in the Mill Valley Film Festival.
- DocLands does not pay rental fees. Instead, our resources are invested in the production and promotion of the best possible showcase for your work. Films may subsequently be considered for theatrical runs at our year-round venue, the Christopher B. Smith Rafael Film Center.
- Films may be screened more than once during the festival
- Industrial, promotional or instructional films are not eligible.
- Films must have been completed within 20 months of festival dates (after October 1, 2018).
- Filmmakers are responsible for providing a good quality print for their screening. See EXHIBITION FORMATS for requirements– DCP or 35 mm only.
- Filmmakers will be notified via email of entry status by approximately April 16, 2021.
- Once a film is submitted it may not be withdrawn.
- If selected to screen in the festival, you may be asked to provide an electronic press kit.
Formats for exhibition are 35mm and DCP only. Filmmakers are responsible for transfers. Please contact the Programming Department at [email protected] to inquire about DCP transfer assistance.
SHIPPING INFORMATION/EXHIBITION PRINTS
Exhibition prints must be sent to the Festival prepaid. The Festival will cover return shipping via FedEx, DHL, UPS or US Mail, unless other arrangements are requested.
In case of loss or damage during the festival, the responsibility of the Festival is limited to the costs of repair or replacement of the print only.
Media are insured for up to $100 per entry when shipped out. While all entries are packaged with extreme care, the Festival is not responsible for loss or damage to prints in transit.