BE A VOLUNTEER AT DOCLANDS!
Welcome! The DocLands Documentary Film Festival is celebrating its third year May 2-5 and we need your support!
Why volunteer at DocLands? Because in just 4 days, we pack in over 40 documentary films and events that are sure to inspire engaged conversation, an expanded awareness of the world, and a supportive community around this important art form. And you’ll be at the center of it all!
Ready to get involved? We are looking for reliable, hard working, positive team members who can volunteer one full day at the Festival.
TO VOLUNTEER AT MVFF:
- You must be at least 18 years old
(For applicants between 14 and 17 years old, please reach out to [email protected] )
- NEW THIS YEAR – Commit to a minimum of one full day of volunteering (approx. 5 – 10 hours)
- Attendance at our volunteer orientation in April
- Have a group of 4-6 people to group volunteer? Please reach out to [email protected].
- Watch films while volunteering!
- DocLands T-shirt
- DocLands film vouchers
- Post-festival wrap party
VOLUNTEER CODE OF CONDUCT:
You are an ambassador and the face of the DocLands Documentary Film Festival to both patrons and to the public at large. As a volunteer you are expected to:
- Have fun!
- Treat all patrons, visitors, artists, staff and fellow volunteers with respect and courtesy
- Conduct yourself in a friendly and professional manner
- Do not consume alcohol or drugs while on a shift and do not report for duty while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Show up on time and dress appropriately for your shift
- Contact the Volunteer Department immediately when you need to cancel a shift
- Work through your entire shift
- Keep all information you handle confidential
YOU CAN EXPECT THE FOLLOWING FROM DOCLANDS STAFF:
Respect, courtesy, and clarity of expectations
Appreciation for your efforts
Willingness to address your concerns and answer your questions
A safe work environment
To be informed about role or shift changes as early as possible
ALREADY REGISTERED TO VOLUNTEER?
Log in to www.shiftboard.com/mvff and make sure that your contact information is up to date (click on “My Account”). If you do not remember your password, click on “Forgot Password” above the login boxes and you will be sent a reminder email. If your login information is up to date and you are not receiving DocLands volunteer emails, check your junk folder to see if our emails have been flagged as spam.