Welcome! The DocLands Documentary Film Festival is celebrating its seventh year May 10-14 and we need your support!
Why volunteer at DocLands? Because in just 5 days, we pack in 31 documentary films and events that are sure to inspire engaged conversation, an expanded awareness of the world, and a supportive community around this important art form. And you’ll be at the center of it all!
Ready to get involved? We are looking for reliable, hard working, positive team members who can volunteer one full day at the Festival.
Have a group of 4-6 people to group volunteer? Please reach out to [email protected].
- Be able to commit to a minimum of one full day of volunteering (approx. 5 – 10 hours)
- Attendance at our volunteer orientation in May
- All scheduled volunteers will receive (2) digital voucher codes to be redeemed online or at the box office to guarantee entry through the general line when not on shift. These codes can also be gifted to your friends / family.
- Pending availability, we will be holding a specific number of seats for volunteers to slide in and watch films while on shift, with the caveat that duties as assigned must still be fulfilled. Note that this applies only to those programs with capacity to provide this benefit.
- DocLands credentials
- Event Support
- Audience Favorite Balloting
- In-theater Mic Runners
- Line Management
- Lobby Liasons
- VR Support
- Filmmaker Registration Support
VOLUNTEER CODE OF CONDUCT:
You are an ambassador and the face of the DocLands Documentary Film Festival to both patrons and to the public at large. As a volunteer you are expected to:
- Have fun!
- Treat all patrons, visitors, artists, staff and fellow volunteers with respect and courtesy
- Conduct yourself in a friendly and professional manner
- Do not consume alcohol or drugs while on a shift and do not report for duty while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Show up on time and dress appropriately for your shift
- Contact the Volunteer Department immediately when you need to cancel a shift
- Work through your entire shift
- Keep all information you handle confidential
YOU CAN EXPECT THE FOLLOWING FROM DOCLANDS STAFF:
Respect, courtesy, and clarity of expectations
Appreciation for your efforts
Willingness to address your concerns and answer your questions
A safe work environment
To be informed about role or shift changes as early as possible