If your film has been accepted to screen at DocLands, you will find information designed to help you navigate the Festival process on this page.
Mark Fishkin, Executive Director — [email protected]
Joni Cooper, Director of Programming — [email protected]
Kelly Clement, Programmer — [email protected]
Michelle Svenson, Programmer – [email protected]
Sterling Hedgpeth, Programming Manager – [email protected]
MARKETING | PUBLICITY
Shelley Spicer, Director of Publicity & Media Relations — [email protected]
CLICK HERE For more detailed marketing & publicity info.
- Filmmakers are responsible for providing a DCP for festival screenings.
- You must error-check your print for sound and image quality before shipping. Please make sure all technical information is correct on the confirmation form and that the print sent for exhibition matches the format listed.
- Feature-length entries receiving a theatrical release, TV broadcast, DVD release or screening at other San Francisco Bay Area festivals and venues prior to OR within one month following DocLands’ dates may not be eligible for participation in the Festival (exceptions are made under special circumstances). Please contact our office if you agree to any other screenings in the Bay Area before or directly following DocLands.
- DocLands does not pay rental / screening fees. Rather, our resources are invested in the presentation and marketing of your work. Films may subsequently be considered for a theatrical run at our year-round venue, the Christopher B. Smith Rafael Film Center.
- Films may be screened for the entire duration of the festival.
- Once a film has been confirmed, it may not be withdrawn
GUIDELINES FOR COMPLETING THE CONFIRMATION FORM
- The information and materials we have requested are essential as they will be used in our schedule and website as well as for promotion and publicity. Please fill out the ENTIRE online confirmation form and confirm that all information is accurate.
- Please indicate any restrictions you may have close to or during the Festival dates. If your film is scheduled at other festivals around the same time as DocLands, we’ll coordinate schedules and shipping (if applicable).
- BOOKMARK THIS SITE… it will serve as your resource for all things DocLands: Print Traffic, Marketing & Publicity, Festival FAQs, DocLands laurels and staff contacts, and other important information. Any updates will be posted here.
Thank you in advance for filling out the confirmation form completely and returning it within 48 hours. We’re excited to include your film in the Festival, and we look forward to celebrating your achievement at our inaugural event.
MARKETING | PRESS & PUBLICITY
We know you want to effectively promote your film and play to packed houses – we’d love to help!
Providing your most complete press materials in a timely fashion helps us help you.
Please note that all marketing materials are due upon acceptance to the festival!\
CLICK HERE For more detailed marketing & publicity info.
Social Media Channels:
Facebook: @doclandsfestival @californiafilminstitute
Instagram: @doclands @cafilm
Twitter: @doc_lands @cafilminstitute
DocLands 2024 Official Selection laurels available for download here
PRINT TRAFFIC GUIDELINES
Deadline for streaming film file delivery is April 22, 2024
Deadline for DCP delivery is April 8, 2024 in the DocLands offices unless by alternate arrangement.
- All films must be on DCP
- We will pay for DCP return shipment only, unless by prior arrangement.
Post DCPs to:
Attn: Dan Zastrow | DocLands
1001 Lootens Place
San Rafael, CA 94901
TICKETS AND BADGES
How many badges will I receive?
We provide up to two (2) badges per film upon request.
What privileges does my badge allow?
- On the day of, or the day before any Festival screening, each guest badge allows for ONE (1) ticket per regularly-priced show from a Festival box office (per availability). A hard ticket is required for entry to all screenings.
- Access to opening and closing events
- Additional filmmaker events to be announced soon!
How do I receive my Festival credentials?
Your Festival credentials, complimentary tickets, and a hard copy of your Festival itinerary can be picked up Thursday, May 2 – Saturday, May 4. Time & location TBD
IMPORTANT: If you don’t anticipate using ALL of your comps for one (or more) shows, please inform your Guest Services rep so we can sell them. This helps us fill all seats at your screenings! If you plan to watch your film, your seat will be taken from those comps.
You may purchase additional tickets per availability at the discounted filmmaker rate of $14.00 each. Ask your guest services rep for details.
Tickets go on sale to the general public TBD; we recommend buying them in advance.
TRANSPORTATION + LODGING
What type of travel / lodging benefits are provided?
In general, travel assistance and accommodations are offered as available to select feature-length filmmakers. Shorts filmmakers are not guaranteed travel or housing assistance, though may be waitlisted for complimentary housing after feature filmmakers’ needs have been met.
What are my ground transportation options?
DocLands occupies venues in beautiful Marin County, 15 minutes to San Francisco, 20 minutes from Berkeley, and 35 minutes to Napa Valley. In order to enjoy everything this area has to offer, we strongly recommend renting a vehicle during your stay.
If you prefer not to rent a vehicle, we suggest the following:
To/from SFO: Use the Marin Airporter. Guest Services will inform you if they can provide shuttle fare assistance (in the form of a voucher). More information on these vouchers will be made available on the ‘How to Festival’ email you will receive from Guest Services. To/from the Oakland Airport we suggest using Marin Door to Door.
We will provide Lyft credit as a means to travel from official Festival hotels to your first screenings and back. In-town transportation will be arranged with your Guest Services representative.
THEATER & BOX OFFICE
The DocLands Film Festival will take place at:
CHRISTOPHER B. SMITH RAFAEL FILM CENTER
1118 Fourth St
San Rafael, CA
Box office is located at the theater and will open 60 min. before the first show of the day until 15 min. after the start of the last show. Tickets can also be purchased online at doclands.com.