WELCOME TO DOCLANDS
If your film has been accepted to screen at DocLands, you will find information designed to help you navigate the Festival process on this page.
Joni Cooper, Director of Programming — [email protected]
Kelly Clement, Programmer — [email protected]
Ken Jacobson, Programmer – [email protected]
Sterling Hedgpeth, Programming Manager – [email protected]
CLICK HERE For more detailed marketing & publicity info.
- Filmmakers are responsible for providing an exhibition quality file or, if in-theater screenings are possible, a DCP only.
CineSend can ingest a wide range of formats, but our general recommendations here:
- H.264 video file encoded at 10-20 Mbps (if possible, select “High Profile” H.264 setting instead of “Main Profile” when exporting the video)
- Stereo or ProLogicII encoded 5.1 (LtRt) – ONLY include a single stereo track or mono track pair – do not include additional mixes/tracks
- 1920×1080 resolution
- 23.98, 24, 25, or 29.97 progressive
- Under 12GB file size
- English language closed-captioning file in .VTT format
- Descriptive audio file in .VTT format (if available)
- You must error-check your print for sound and image quality before shipping. Please make sure all technical information is correct on the confirmation form and that the print sent for exhibition matches the format listed.
- Feature-length entries receiving a theatrical release, TV broadcast, DVD release or screening at other San Francisco Bay Area festivals and venues prior to OR within one month following DocLands’ dates may not be eligible for participation in the Festival (exceptions are made under special circumstances). Please contact our office if you agree to any other screenings in the Bay Area before or directly following DocLands.
- DocLands does not pay rental / screening fees. Rather, our resources are invested in the presentation and marketing of your work. Films may subsequently be considered for a theatrical run at our year-round venue, the Christopher B. Smith Rafael Film Center.
- Films may be screened for the entire duration of the festival.
- Once a film has been confirmed, it may not be withdrawn
GUIDELINES FOR COMPLETING THE CONFIRMATION FORM
- The information and materials we have requested are essential as they will be used in our schedule and website as well as for promotion and publicity. Please fill out the ENTIRE online confirmation form and confirm that all information is accurate.
- Please indicate any restrictions you may have close to or during the Festival dates. If your film is scheduled at other festivals around the same time as DocLands, we’ll coordinate schedules and shipping (if applicable).
- BOOKMARK THIS SITE… it will serve as your resource for all things DocLands: Print Traffic, Marketing & Publicity, Festival FAQs, DocLands laurels and staff contacts, and other important information. Any updates will be posted here.
Thank you in advance for filling out the confirmation form completely and returning it within 48 hours. We’re excited to include your film in the Festival, and we look forward to celebrating your achievement at our inaugural event.
MARKETING | PRESS & PUBLICITY
We know you want to effectively promote your film and play to packed houses – we’d love to help!
Providing your most complete press materials in a timely fashion helps us help you.
CLICK HERE for the DocLands 2021 Marketing Guide
Please note that all marketing materials are due upon acceptance to the festival!
Download DocLands Official Selection here.
PRINT TRAFFIC GUIDELINES
- Deadline for film file delivery is April 19, 2021
HOW ARE Q&As CONDUCTED?
You will be contacted about doing a pre-recorded Zoom intro and Q&A with one of the DocLands programmers sometime around mid-late March. We will schedule this with you for an April session date. Please keep an eye out for that correspondence.