DOCPITCH 2021 RULES & TERMS
To be eligible, applicants MUST submit the following project elements/information on the [email protected] FilmFreeway page:
• Title of the project
• Final budget total and funds required to complete the project
• Approximate runtime of finished feature film
• Trailer or teaser
• Production stills that can be used for online promotional purposes
• Brief key crew bios (director/producer), to be added under Credits
• What stage you expect to be at in April 2021 and your approximate completion date.
*If you have unique aspects or access to share or wish to explain in more depth, please include those in a Cover Letter. If you have a website and Facebook page, please also insert those in the appropriate field.
The five (5) shortlisted filmmakers will be notified no later than March 31, 2021 with a deadline of April 19 to submit all final materials, including a trailer and video pitch.
If your project is chosen to participate in the pitch you will be required to:
• Submit final materials that will include your overall budget, key crew bios/photos, a video pitch presentation and a 3-5 minute trailer by Monday, April 19, 2021 at the latest. Video pitch and trailer together, should not exceed 10 minutes in duration.
By submitting your Project for consideration, you grant the California Film Institute permission to virtually screen and display supplied materials from your work-in-progress online if accepted. Applicants are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary rights and permissions for third-party materials included within their submitted Project, including but not limited to music, trademarks, logos, copyrights, and other intellectual property rights. The California Film Institute expressly disavows any responsibility for, and will not be held responsible for, any unauthorized inclusion of any trademarked content or materials within or relating to the submitted Project. Signatory also gives CFI permission to use stills and excerpts from Project for promotional purposes.
**IMPORTANT: If you are unable to make these commitments, you are NOT eligible to enter the DocPitch competition. Filmmakers will be DISQUALIFIED if they fail to comply to these deadlines.
DocPitch voting will launch on Friday, April 30 and conclude Monday, May 10, 2021 at midnight – all awards will be presented virtually on Friday, May 14.